Panel colors & Autostart entries

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 18 18:58:26 CET 2003

  I'm struggling with 4.0.1 in my attempts to make it as usable and
appealing (to me, of course) as previous versions. I've just started looking
at the panel documentation because the colors on my installations are
horrible: medium blue on pale blue. Yuck! And I've not found anywhere on the
settings dialog box to change this. I hope to learn how from the
documentation.

  I've seen messages here that indicate the session manager works quite
differently in the new release. Rather than remembering what applications
were open on which desktop, and automatically invoking them when X is
started, I apparently now need to explicitly enter each one in
~/Desktop/Autostart. In which piece of documentation is this covered?

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President