How is the autostart directory processed

Michael Herman michael-lists at thehermans.org
Mon Nov 3 03:41:36 CET 2003

I have been playing around with scripts in the autostart directory and I am
having some trouble gettings to launch correctly.  I have tried this a couple
of different ways but currently have one script for desktop 2 and one script
for desktop 1.  Each script uses kstart to launch apps in the appropriate
workspace.  My desktop 2 script launches emacs and mutt and looks like this:

kstart --desktop 2 mymutt
kstart --desktop 2 emacs

mymutt is a script that calls mutt in an xterm of a specific size.

For some reason, mutt launches in desktop 1.

Any ideas or suggestions?

TIA.

--
Michael