starting apps sticky in XFce4

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Sun Nov 2 17:58:18 CET 2003

Hello Biju,

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:17:50 +0530, Biju Chacko said:

>>>  copy /etc/xfce4/xinitrc to .xfce4/ (or edit in place for a system wide
>>>  change) chmod +x it
>>>  edit it and comment out the line that has 'xftaskbar4'.
>>>  you may want to uncomment the line that says 'xfce4-iconbox' otherwise your
>>>  windows will just disappear when you minimize them.
>>
>> Did that with /usr/local/etc/xfce4/xinitrc (the only xfce4 related xinitrc I
>> could find). Commented out the xftaskbar4& line and added xfce4-iconbox&
>> instead (there was no commented iconbox line).
>> After restarting XFce4 I had both the taskboar and the iconbox! The only way
>> to get rid of the taskbar was by commenting out the taskbarline in
>> /usr/local/etc/xfce4/xinitrc, so apparently XFce4 looks at both files during
>> startup?

>  It doesn't. Recheck your edit.

Well, I did and miraculesly: now it works! All I did now was rename my
~/.xfce4/xinitrd to backup restarted XFce, renamed the backup back agian and
TaDa....I must have done something wrong before, but dunno where, works now!

thanks!

Another thing with gkrellm (2.1.7, standard MDK rpm): once in every 4 to 5
startups gkrellm hangs..peeks mu CPU usage to 100% and keeps it that way 'till
I kill -n 9 it.
I can tell the 100% from the XFce systemload addin...
I start gkrellm from a "script" in the ~/Desktop/Autostart dir with the command
"gkrellm -w &" Have tried it without the "-w" option => no difference. Gkrellm
is set to sticky state and using the invisible-theme.
anybody have the same experience? Any sollutions?

Remco