Two problems

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Sat Jun 28 15:11:14 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 22:01, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Par,
>
> Ok, that's big news. Why ? Because it's not xfwm4 that's dying. That was
> my main fear.
>
> So, I guess we have to dig elsewhere. And frankly, I don't see why xfwm4
> would kill suddenly KDE apps.
>
> As for Mozilla, you'd better get a binary from Mozilla.org, the one that
> ship with Red Hat is buggy and unstable.
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.

I just want to state at this point that both Mozilla and Galeon have
been dying on me as of an update a few weeks back - I thought at first
it was a problem with my window manager(s) - but it did the same in
Enlightenment, WindowMaker, AfterStoop, AmiWM, Gnome, KDE, Olvwm, Fvwm
and mwm...so that ruled out the window manager bit...

I'm wondering, aside from RH having a buggy Mozilla/Galeon
configuration, did this person do any updates/upgrades to either Mozilla
or Galeon as of late...?? (That's what ended up being my problem,
although I don't use RH anymore - I've wisened up a bit...)

--
Sat Jun 28 23:05:00 EST 2003
 23:05:01 up 3 days, 22:51,  4 users,  load average: 1.14, 1.08, 0.93

"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a
book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
        -- The nomes discuss science
           (Terry Pratchett, Wings)