Two problems

Pär Ekholm pelle.ekh at koping.net
Sat Jun 28 13:04:28 CEST 2003

lördag 28 juni 2003 09:13 skrev Olivier Fourdan:
> Hi,
>
> Mozilla dying is *not* related to xfce... I can make it die in a few
> seconds on a stock Red Hat 9, whatever desktop envt I use (GNOME 2.2 or
> KDE 3.1)
>
> As it seems, I've never find Mozilla that ships with Red Hat stable. If
> I get Mozilla from Mozilla website, or if I compile it myself, it's very
> stable. When I use the one that comes with Red Hat (all versions I
> tried, 7.2, 8.0 and 9), Mozilla is *very* unstable. Go figure.
>
> What I'm trying to figure is exactly what is really related to xfce4.
> When you say "the windows suddenly disappear on the screen" can you run
> other apps, what happen if you press, let's say "Alt+F2", can you switch
> desktops ? Do the window are still decorated ? Can you click on the
> desktop and see the menu ?

Yes, the weird thing is that when the windows dies you can start them up again
and it is like before. It´s like, to speek a little metaphorical, that the
windowmanager can´t "hold" them up and they close down. But i have done like
you said deinstalled all libxfcegui4-libs and reinstalled them. I´m going to
test a little today. And maybe with the libs you sent yesterday. Maybe it´s
not a xfce4 thing. Maybe unstable KDE apps. But they have no problem when run
in KDE.

cheers