Two problems

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Jun 28 09:13:03 CEST 2003

Hi,

Mozilla dying is *not* related to xfce... I can make it die in a few
seconds on a stock Red Hat 9, whatever desktop envt I use (GNOME 2.2 or
KDE 3.1)

As it seems, I've never find Mozilla that ships with Red Hat stable. If
I get Mozilla from Mozilla website, or if I compile it myself, it's very
stable. When I use the one that comes with Red Hat (all versions I
tried, 7.2, 8.0 and 9), Mozilla is *very* unstable. Go figure.

What I'm trying to figure is exactly what is really related to xfce4.
When you say "the windows suddenly disappear on the screen" can you run
other apps, what happen if you press, let's say "Alt+F2", can you switch
desktops ? Do the window are still decorated ? Can you click on the
desktop and see the menu ?

Cheers,
Olivier.

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>