Cannot run mozilla-1.3.1 from panel icon

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Thu Jun 12 10:48:24 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 10:16, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   This has me completely stumped. I'm running Xfce-3.8.18 on my RH 7.3
> system. mozilla-1.2.1 used to have a startup script, /usr/bin/mozilla, that
> I called from the icon's command line. That version was flaky -- for me, at
> least. So today I took some time and replaced it with -1.3.1.
<SNIP>

>  Has anyone insight into what might be the problem?
> Thanks,
> Rich
> Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

It would appear as though there is a problem with system paths - and
possibly lib paths as well. You might want to comb through the
/etc/profile and see if there's garbage left over from the previous
installation of Mozzie - same with checking your
~/home/yournamehere/.bashrc - modify as necessary; as well, you might
want to check your /etc/ld.so.conf to make sure that it's pointing to
the proper location of libraries - if you have to modify that particular
file, you're going to have to run "ldconfig" to rebuilt the lib path
cache.

Else, a trick would be to create a script in your ~/home/yournamehere/
directory calling the program and then change the link in the panel to
suit the new script (make sure you chmod +x scriptname prior to
attempting to run it).

--
Thu Jun 12 18:40:01 EST 2003
 18:40:01 up 18:38,  5 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.08, 0.02