Cannot run mozilla-1.3.1 from panel icon

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 12 02:16:44 CEST 2003

  This has me completely stumped. I'm running Xfce-3.8.18 on my RH 7.3
system. mozilla-1.2.1 used to have a startup script, /usr/bin/mozilla, that
I called from the icon's command line. That version was flaky -- for me, at
least. So today I took some time and replaced it with -1.3.1.

  The new version is installed in /usr/local/mozilla rather than
/usr/lib/mozilla-<version>. The startup script is
/usr/local/mozilla/run-mozilla.sh.

  I can load mozilla from the command line by:
	1) providing the absolut path to the run-mozilla.sh script;
	2) cd'ing to /usr/local/mozilla the running ./run-mozilla.sh;
	3) putting all of #2 on a single command line;
	4) putting the commands in a script in my home directory and running
		it.

  But, I cannot get any of the above to invoke mozilla from the panel's
icon! I cannot understand this.

  Has anyone insight into what might be the problem?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)