Some questions for a newbie

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jul 27 20:59:27 CEST 2003

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, Lane P. Lester wrote:

> I'm a defenestrator, and I really tried to tolerate the constant
> nuisance of running as a user.

  I must be slow this morning, but I cannot imagine what "constant nuisance"
there is running as a user. I'm on the machine for approximately 12 hours a
day. Only when I add a new spam filter to postfix do I su to root. _Every_
application I use to run my business is run as a user.

  But, as long as you're happy ....

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)