Some questions for a newbie

Lane P. Lester llester at simpub.com
Sun Jul 27 20:29:43 CEST 2003

Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>   I've read that many folks who defenestrate from Microsoft like to
>   run as
> root because that's essentially how it's done in Winduhs. After the
> first time you wipe out your file system you'll learn to run
> _everything_ as a user unless there's no alternative.

I'm a defenestrator, and I really tried to tolerate the constant
nuisance of running as a user. I finally decided that I would just
accept the scorn of the Linux gurus and enjoy using Linux as root. I
don't do that much from the command line, which seems the most likely
spot to do something disastrous. I've made a few bad mistakes, but I
only made them once.

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
**Running Linux more and Windows less**