New XFce4 Plugins

Dan Karmgard karmgard at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 22 16:46:24 CEST 2003

Hello Jasper,
	I've done a bit of surgery on the plugins. The configure script should
auto-detect the XFCE4 version and define a preprocessor macro so that
the code compiles properly for that version of the API (assuming that
pkg-config is installed). I've run on the Beta, RC1, and RC2 releases
and they all work fine for me.
	I also took the time to change the sysinfo code to use GLibTop so that
it at least has a chance of being useful on Unices other than Linux (but
GLibTop seems not to have anything checking the power system, so the
battery graph is still Linux specific, but it shouldn't crash just fail
quietly and not put up a graph). Just for fun I also added a function to
monitor a battery from the APM system.
	They're still available on the same web page. I'll look into posting
them on the "goodies" site.