Switching an application's workspace

Brian Masinick masinick at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 23:20:35 CEST 2003

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>Humm, Brian,
>
>(This is a bit sarcastic, I hope you won't mind, I count on your sense
>of humour...)
>
>Are you in your thirties? I've read a few minutes ago on this list that:
>
>" There are a number of common degenerative diseases of the eyes, in
>  addition to age, which start causing noticeable vision problems in the
>  thirties. "
>
>Well, I'm in the thirties myself... But I can still see the window menu,
>with options to stick/unstick the window, and a menu to send the window
>to any other desktop.
>
>Moreover, I also see the pager, that can be used to drag and drop
>windows to other desktops.
>
>I admit that the option "Wrap workspaces when dragging a window off
>screen" in the "Advanced" tabfolder of the xfwm4 setting dialog, is a bit
>harder to see. Fortunately, this option is enabled by default...
>
>Now, I hardly see what is missing here :)
>
>Cheers,
>Olivier.
>

>On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 22:55, Brian Masinick wrote:
>

>>In XFCE 3, KDE, CDE, and most other desktop environments, there's an
>>easy way to shift an application or a display window from one workspace
>>to another, or even to make the application display on all workspaces.
>>Perhaps it's there, or maybe I've set something up wrong. I could use
>>that functionality before (at least with XFCE 3), but now I don't see it
>>on my desktop running XFCE 4.
>>
>>If this functionality is there, what steps can I take to enable it?  If
>>this functionality is not there, I'd like to make a feature request to
>>see this feature, one of the most useful desktop features of all, in my
>>opinion.  Any suggestions or ideas?

I must have accidentally stuck the window in the incorrect state.  With
XFCE 3, I'd always see "Sent to -->" as one of the choices.  Perhaps
when I unstick the window, I'll get that feature back.

I'll laugh with you, and I'm even older than that!  :-)  Guess I'm a bit
ignorant about the behavior of the sticky button feature.  I'll check up
on it and educate myself on this point.  Thanks for the quick response!

--
Brian Masinick
mailto:masinick at yahoo.com