how can I restart xfce4 from the keyboard.

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Jul 8 11:27:54 CEST 2003

Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> writes:

> If you don't use a settings manager it will simply quit the panel. If
> you do use a settings manager it asks the session manager to quit. I
> don't know how to do either with a keyboard shortcut, 'killall
> xfce4-panel' may work for the first case, although you won't have an
> exit dialog.

Yup, again... it works.  How would I know if I'm using a settings
manager or not?  I mean aside from actually invoking it. You said it
like it might be running in the background.

Something I'm noticing here... This is a fresh install of rh9 and
fresh install of xfce4.  I've always used an .Xdefaults file to
control some aspects of X applications.  I haven't had one in place
until today, when I moved my old one in from a now defunct rh7.3.

It gets ignored completely.  When starting xfstartx I see no errors
about it, but my settings are completely ignored. I wondered if
something in xfce4 blocks it or something to do with rh9.