how can I restart xfce4 from the keyboard.

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Jul 8 10:38:59 CEST 2003

Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> writes:

> I don't think you can, apart from 'killall xfwm4 && xfwm4 --daemon'. Why
> would you want to?

We always could before.  As to why.  Well, its handy to try out new
settings or even changes in .Xdefaults.  Probably why most X manager
type tools have a way to do it, and why xfce had until now.

'killall xfwm4 && xfwm4 --daemon' does it though, thanks.

Now, what about exiting a session?  When you click the little `exit'
icon on the panel, what command does it run?.  I want to set key
combos to do it.