Xffm

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Jul 2 16:49:42 CEST 2003

El mar, 01-07-2003 a las 18:18, Xtian Xultz escribió:
> Hi all!
>
> I like Xfce very much because of speed.
> I liked Xftree (from XFce 3) because of his simplicity and speed.
> But the new Xffm works really slow on my machine, it is more
> confortable to work with konqueror to file navigation than xffm.

The gtkTreeView widget used in xffm has more gtk-overhead that the
GtkCTree which xftree used (but is now deprecated). It's a GTK issue that
cannot be worked around if a tree view is desired. If you want to make
the xffm treeview faster, disable automatic image previews and use the
"plain" icon set and disable local-monitor. If you want more speed and
like icon views, you should try out ROX. Xffm is mostly for those who
like treeviews.

Edscott