xfce4 panel

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 27 05:33:23 CET 2003

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:23:41 -0700, Collins Richey wrote:

> 1. When I downloaded a couple of days back, gtk-xfce-engine-2 was
> missing from cvs.  Is this permanent, or will it be corrected?

It has not been removed AFAIK. Recheck. That said, I doubt if there have
been any updates to it in months. So you probably don't need to download
it.

> 2. Is it possible to link to the desktop quit function from the panel
> quit button?

This will happen once we have a working session manager. I haven't had
any success with either xsm or gnome-session, so this may take a while.

> 3. Related to 2, is it possible to link to the desktop menu from a
> button on the panel?  I have an 800x600 display with every byte used,
> so it's difficult to find a blank area exposing the desktop to middle
> button click to get to the menu.

This is on my TODO list. But don't hold your breath. BTW, you really
shouldn't be using xfdeskmenu anymore.

-- b