unable to print file

Jonathan j.e.drews at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 20 03:00:40 CET 2003

OS: FreeBSD 4.9
package: xfce4-print-4.0.1
printer: Canon S300
using: CUPS-1.1.20.0
and  gimp-print-4.2.5

Hi:

 I can not get my drag n' drop print to work. I believe I have my
printer correctly configured. Here is my ~/.xfce4/printers.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE printers SYSTEM "printers.dtd">

<printers>
        <printer alias="S300" name="/usr/local/bin/lpr" type="lp" />
</printers>

Problem:

 When I drag a text file or a postscript file to the xfprint4 app, in
the panel, I get this message, when I click on the print screen:

lp: unable to print file: client-error-not-found

I get the same message if do xfprint4 data.txt, from the xterm. Does
anyone have an idea as to what may be misconfigured ?

				TIA,
				Jonathan