transparent menus?

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Tue Dec 16 20:51:02 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 12:25, Bernhard Walle wrote:

> BTW: XFce4 looks *very* good. I tried out XFce3 one year ago and I just
> didn't like it. Then I read an announcement of XFce4 beta at pro-linux,
> I saw the screenshot and I thought "I must have that on my desktop". I
> installed it, I liked I'm still impressed how clean and strait-forward
> but good-looking a desktop environment could be.

This echoes my opinion as well.  I always wanted a DE that looked good
but was fast.  But, before XFce4 you either chose a good looking hog
like GNOME or a fast desktop that made my eyes bleed.  Since I needed
anti-aliasing, I kept using GNOME.

Then XFce4 came out and all was right with the world.  The appearance of
Morphix and PHLAK having XFce4 built-in, and Gentoo's announcement of
XFce4 joining GNOME and KDE as a default, has made my life all the more
better.

Matt
--
I am a theoretical chemist.  Fear me!