transparent menus?

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 20:25:51 CET 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 at 19:54 (+0100), Moritz Heiber wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:49:40 -0800 (PST) Jonathan Gardner
> <bohemian72 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> I won't be flaming now but I really can't stand any kind of wicked
> transperancy or anything else as useless as that. We'd better focus on
> other things than that.

ACK. In my opinion transparency should be integrated in Gtk/GDK. If Gtk
provides support for this, we can use that if it makes sense. If not, we
just wait.

BTW: XFce4 looks *very* good. I tried out XFce3 one year ago and I just
didn't like it. Then I read an announcement of XFce4 beta at pro-linux,
I saw the screenshot and I thought "I must have that on my desktop". I
installed it, I liked I'm still impressed how clean and strait-forward
but good-looking a desktop environment could be.

Regards,
Bernhard