Full screen borderless on Blender not working

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Aug 30 18:07:18 CEST 2003

Nathan,

No xfce is not broken, nor is blender... let me explain.

belner is not EWMH. So to achieve fullscreen, it simply creates a
borderless window the size of the screen. Until here, fine.

But, in EWMH, it's is specified that docks should be placed on a above
layer. So, if an application that is not EWMH compilant is trying to
acheive fullscreen, it cannot as the taskbar will still be there, above
the application...

But xfwm4, since RC3, is able to detect when a older "legacy" app is
trying to achieve fullscreen and then automatically place that window
above so that it really acheive fullscreen, which is what is meant...
You see?

No bug here, just "features" :)

Cheers,
Olivier.