rc3 debs

Brian Masinick masinick at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 10:37:02 CEST 2003

--- Ken Moffat <kmoffat at drizzle.com> wrote:
> I am using libranet linux, a debian offshoot.
>
> I downloaded and used 'checkinstall' to build debs of the xfce4 rc3
> source. I had the xfce4 debs installed that were numbered 4.0. I
> installed over those, using --force-overwrite, since the numbering of
> these debs was lower, forcing a downgrade. This seems to have worked
> fine, and it functions. I believe the debs labeled 4.0 were actually
> rc2. Am i right on that?
>
> These debs were configured using --prefix=/usr/bin, which is where the
> other debs were installed. I think this is the debian default.
>
> If anyone is interested in trying them, I could post them on a rather
> slow server.
>
> I'm in the process of testing, but thought I'd post this to see if I'm
> off base on the numbering. Were the formerly posted xfce4 debs rc2?
>
> --
> Ken

Ken,

If what you have seems to work well, I'd be interested.
I've also seen and installed checkinstall, but I've not
actually used it more than once or twice.  I'd be interested
in the steps you performed to create the packagesm including
the checkinstall stuff.  I'm always up for learning something
I haven't done yet.

Thanks!
Brian

=====