problems with xfce4 and wxpython: window without frame and others

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Aug 21 09:42:31 CEST 2003

Hello,

I don't know if this is an XFCE4 or a wxpython problem but a very simple
test app written in wxpython (using boa-constructor) works perfectly in
xfce3 (and in windowmaker for that matter), but doesn't work in xfce4. (If
you think I should address this question somewhere else, pleasae let me
know).

Here's what the app looks like in xfce3:

http://moritz.homelinux.org/bugs/xfce3.png

and here in xfce4 :

http://moritz.homelinux.org/bugs/xfce4.png

As you can see the window frame is not drawn at all. Additionally, I
cannot write into the text fields.
As soon as I click on another window the app's window disappears, but the
terminal from which I launched the app is insensible to keyboard input
(even Ctrl-C doesn't work). I have to get the focus onto another window,
then come back to the terminal window, in order for the latter to show any
reaction to keyboard input.

I hope this is clear.

You can look at the three python files of this (admittedly stupid and
completely useless ;-)) app here:

http://moritz.homelinux.org/bugs/wxApp1.py
http://moritz.homelinux.org/bugs/wxFrame1.py
http://moritz.homelinux.org/bugs/module1.py

Can someone tell me if I need to change some of the wxpython code or is
this a bug in xfce4 ?

Moritz