XFCE 4 updated in Debian package, latest version looks nice!

Ken Moffat kmoffat at drizzle.com
Wed Aug 20 07:49:59 CEST 2003

Brian Masinick wrote:

> When I did that, instead of seeing the CVS 0421 versions of stuff that
> I'd seen before, I saw XFCE 4.0.0-1 final on lots of libraries and
> XFCE packages, so I installed all of them, and it worked beautifully.

Thanks! Very nice. I had used the update-xfce script to go from the old
debs to an updated version (not debs) on my old install, but I'm very
happy to have debs.

If you use libranet and start with the default IceWM, you can
"cp /etc/gdm/Sessions/Xfce4 /usr/bin/startxfce4"
and add
"restart XFce4 - startxfce4"
to the ~/.icewm/menu in the window manager section which will allow
switching to xfce4 from icewm.

--
Ken