Applet request...

Paul Ladouceur tipaul at look.ca
Mon Aug 11 05:35:56 CEST 2003

Update:

Paul Ladouceur wrote:

> Hi Dan!
>
> Thanks for making this applet... The functionnality is the same as I
> wanted!!! :)
> (PS: I viewed the README! ;)  )
>
> But it doesn't work for me:
>
> (1) The ./configure doesn't place the icons in my xfce4/themes/Curve
> directory as I demand by parsing this instruction:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-theme-directory=Curve
> --enable-compiler-warnings=maximum --enable-iso-c
>
> It always copy the .png files to Gnome dir... So i had to manually
> copy them...
>
> (2) I had it inserted on my pannel (had the phone icons after
> correcting the point above), right-click it to configure my script to:
> /usr/local/bin/ppp-go   and /usr/local/bin/ppp-stop  (the one I use on
> my Slackware 9 box)
> But none of these scripts are executed when I click the icon!
>
> I started manually from xterm: ppp-go   and after connexion, the modem
> lights appeared and everything is shown on the applet... But clicking
> on it doesn't execute the ppp-stop script i've entered!!?
>
> NB: I don't know why, but my scripts aren't executed by the two-state
> launcher applet that i've tried before your applet!!!
>
> I've attached my script (ppp-go) in attachment for you to check why i
> can't run it from applet...
>
> This is the permissions on the file:
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         3438 Mar 25 23:40
> /usr/local/bin/ppp-go
>
> Regards,
> Ti-Paul.

I made some mistake with the usage of "su" in the shell... So here's the
real-behavior of the applet on my system:

- Can't start my ppp-go script with a click on the applet (nothing comes
out)
- when I start ppp-go from the shell (without "su" :-[  ), the connexion
comes up but it is not showned in the applet (always got the Phone
icon). I right-click the applet and close the properties window and now
the applet shows the connexion (LEDS + traffic, etc...).  Then I can
click on the applet to execute the ppp-stop script AND IT WORKS!

So right-now I have two problems:  Can't execute my ppp-go script and I
must right-click the applet to be able to activate the use of it!!! ????

That's all I have to say for now...

BTW: I can work on the icons if you want me to... I'll do some tests and
send it attached to this mail list when finished! ;)

Regards,
Ti-Paul.

...and thanks for this applet... Look's promising for modem'ers like me!