Getting Plugins To Show Up

Mark Welker welker at kmbs.com
Mon Aug 11 00:40:36 CEST 2003

Lane P. Lester wrote:

>What causes plugins to show up for the panel or the config window or
>what?
>
>I symlinked all the plugins to all three plugin directories: plugins,
>panel-plugins, and mcs-plugins. It didn't have any effect on what showed
>up where. Is there a config file that stores that information?
>
>Lane
>____
>Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
>**Running Linux more and Windows less**
>
>.

Hi,

I did not have to link anything for the plugins to work.
I used ./configure --prefix=/usr && make  on everything I compiled.
So, my plugins are in
/usr/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins  and,
/usr/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins
If you used ./configure && make
Look in
/usr/local/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins
/usr/local/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins

Maybe make the directories you don't have and copy the plugins to the new
directories. Maybe this is what you are trying to do with the links?