Using Tk with xfce4

Les Bothwell les.bothwell at btopenworld.com
Tue Aug 5 21:50:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

I see a strange problem using Tk with XFCE.  When a Tk program runs, there's a problem with dropdown menu location - sometimes.  What happens is shown in the attached screenshot of the Tk demo program - the 'File' menu is showing on the main screen window rather than on the Demo window.

Interestingly, if I move the Demo window, everything is Ok after that. Any ideas as to what this might be?  This doesn't happen with any of the other window managers I use (IceWM 1.2.10-pre9 and KDE3).

My config - SuSE 8.2, XFCE4 RC2, Tk8.4
(xfce is a remarkable piece of work)

Regards
Les