Applet request...

Paul Ladouceur tipaul at look.ca
Mon Aug 4 21:09:28 CEST 2003

> On mar, 2003-07-22 at 09:23, Paul Ladouceur wrote:
>> Just a little request that will be helpful for many of us who are like
>>  me... using dialup for the internet...
>>
>> We need modem connexion lights (like the one for the Gnome pannel)...
>> Maybe an even simplier one which only shows a LED (light)... Green
>> when  connected and RED when not... And when clicking on it, it ask
>> for  connexion (when red LED) and deconnexion (when green LED)...
>>

> And if it had an option to show the KB/sec it would be great. Something
> like the system load plugin.
>
> Edscott

Big LED with small text bellow showing xx.xxkb/s would be great.

But just the LED status showing the PPP connexion state and to be able to
execute my 2 scripts (ppp-on and ppp-off) just by clicking the LED...

So the applet could be as simple as having to check the ppp connexion and
a choice to execute a command depending if PPP is activated or not...

Having throughput of the PPP connexion would be a great addition!

Regards,
Ti-Paul.