Applet request...

edscott wilson garcia edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Aug 4 20:34:55 CEST 2003

On lun, 2003-08-04 at 09:36, Jack Coates wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 06:46, Biju Chacko wrote:
> > On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 08:34:16 -0500, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> >
> > > And if it had an option to show the KB/sec it would be great.
> > > Something like the system load plugin.
> >
> > Great! Edscott just volunteered to do it.
> >
> > ;-)

I admit I have been thinking about it... But I make no promises. If
anybody else would also like to learn how to do xfce4 plugins, we could
probably work on it together on the xfce4-goodies CVS at
developer.berlios.de (apparently a sourceforge box in Berlin, hey,
that's halfway in between India and Mexico ;-)

> > -- b
> >
> > PS: But seriously, I like the way IceWM does it. Or GkrellM for that
> > matter. I find graphs more informative ...
>
> no sense in replicating gkrellm though, those who like graphs are
> probably already using it :-) The handful of LEDs thing is a better idea
> IMHO.

Except maybe for those who only use the cpu and ppp monitor of gkrellm
and are happy with a bar instead of graph. Maybe they would open gkrellm
less often...

Edscott