xffm - Dragging files problem...

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Aug 4 15:29:12 CEST 2003

On dom, 2003-08-03 at 14:14, Lane P. Lester wrote:
> edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:
> > > Normally (for mouse manipulation of file within a windows), the
> > > window is supposed to scroll when a dragged item is touching the
> > > upper or lower border of the window... Right-now, it doesn't work
> > > like that, so I have to open two xffm windows to be able to drag
> > > files/directories even if I move them just the next or preceding
> > > directory...
> >
> > Or you can also open the second pane (press tab key) and have the
> > second treeview scrolled to a different place.
>
> When I moved from IceWM to XFce, I checked out xffm. But since I prefer
> a two-pane file manager, I rejected it after not seeing any way to get
> two panes other than with two instances of the program. Your post raised
> my hopes, however, and I tried it. But [Tab] doesn't do anything. What
> am I missing?

Tab is meant a hotkey when you are using the keyboard so I think the
treeview needs to have focus first. You can also just drag the pane open
by selecting the thin vertical bar to the left of the treeview. Please
note that the second treeview is the same treemodel so that if a large
directory is loaded to one it will be to the other (without being
expanded). If you want two completely independent treeviews you would
open another window.

Edscott