[Firestarter-user] something additional to guidance request

Thomas Schönhoff thomas.schoenhoff at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Sep 16 11:16:02 CEST 2002

Hello J.O,

J.O. Aho schrieb:
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Thomas Schönhoff wrote:

>>Hmmh, I could fairly take bet on that this message is a
>>Firestarter related one, because this Microsoft not found issue
>>was associated to lots of run "firestarter -h" messages!
>

> There is no www.microsoft.com in the whole firestarter and I'm quite sure
> neither Thoumas nor Paul will add this to the firestarter. So if it's not
> from your background processes, then ift's from the rules you have setup.

I didn't intent to raise any rumors, and you are right.......to
clear up this point!

When running contents search in XFCE there is a hit at
/etc/firestarter in file "deny-all" (blocked "research microsoft
hit!)

I should take a bet to quick :-) because previous mentioned error
messages are not Firestarter but Iptables 1.2.5-3 related!
To sum up you are absolutely right :-)

> Do following thing as root:
> #cd to the firestarter directory
> cd /etc/firestarter
> #search for the microsoft word in your settingfiles case sensetive!!!
> grep microsoft *
>
> The result will be something like
> filename: the line where grep found the word microsoft

Thomas