Iconize to specific location

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Sep 14 02:41:45 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 20:25, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Oh, thanks, I missed that, neglected to scroll that pane.  However it
> seems there are really only two choices even though the picture shows
> four.  Bottom and left go to the exact same place.  Top and right
> ditto.

	Top starts at the upper left corner and goes across the top edge of the
screen.  Left starts at the upper left corner and goes down the left
side of the screen.  Bottom and right work similarly.

> Is there no way to put them in a box/window or into the panel or a better
> choice than those two in the setup tool?

	I don't know if there will be an icon box for XFce3 but I'd guess it
would be possible to get it in XFce4.

> Putting them alone the top edge of panel would be the handiest I think.
> Using `bottom' they begin to hide behind my clock/calendar if more
> than one.

	That's what the top setting does.

> Can I make them always on top or something?
>
> Anyone have code for .xfwmrc that does this sort of stuff?

	On the top of the screen or on top of any windows that might be opened?

--
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation.
We have assumed control.