A display bug in 3.8.18

wolfgang GeneralP.Fault at gmx.net
Tue Sep 10 23:36:11 CEST 2002

hi Rich,
after your problems with upgrading Redhat linux and xfce i have the impression
that your problem might have its reason in various untraceable changes on
your system, been there, done that ;)

if i remember correctly, you moved xfce* binaries from /usr/bin to
/usr/local/bin - my rebuilt xfce rpm would install configuration files to
/etc/X11/xfce while my source-compiled xfce installed them to
/usr/local/etc/xfce - the rpm uses /usr/share, the compiled version uses
/usr/local/share - so i would in your case not know which config/shared files
are now actually being used by your binaries.

out of curiosity, i wonder what happens if you run:
$ mv ~/.xfce ~/BackUp.xfce && xfce_upgrade

would the jpilot color problem still persist in the freshly created xfce
configuration?

regards,
wolfgang