A display bug in 3.8.18

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 10 18:14:35 CEST 2002

  I discovered the problem with jpilot displaying the window frame/control
panel frame color rather than its own colors. As this is the only app I run
that has just wide frames around the data widgets, it's the only one on
which I've seen this. But, it may effect others, too.

  I've not been able to save my color selections so that upgrades or trials
of other schemes can be reversed (I've tried saving to ~/ but the palette
doesn't seem to find whatever name I mention -- even when it's in that
palette directory). So, I've spent time tweaking the colors 'cause I spend
enough hours each day in front of this monitor that I want it to be
pleasant, restful and tolerable.

  Changing any of the colors in the setup dialog's eight boxes followed by
applying the changes causes jpilot to display with the window border colors.
But, and this is the strange part, if I close jpilot and re-invoke it, it
displays with its own colors!

  Just thought I'd pass this on.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President