A display bug in 3.8.18

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 10 21:28:55 CEST 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, wolfgang wrote:

> after your problems with upgrading Redhat linux and xfce i have the impression
> that your problem might have its reason in various untraceable changes on
> your system, been there, done that ;)

  Could be. This was major surgery and the patients are still recovering.

> out of curiosity, i wonder what happens if you run:
> $ mv ~/.xfce ~/BackUp.xfce && xfce_upgrade
>
> would the jpilot color problem still persist in the freshly created xfce
> configuration?

  Yup. Did this.

  As long as I don't fiddle with the colors, it's OK. And I suggest that one
feature of the xfce-4 release be that files go in the same directories
regardless of being installed from a tarball or a package.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com