Cannot upgrade from 3.8.16 to 3.8.18

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 8 22:43:52 CEST 2002

  I rebuilt the 3.8.18 source rpm (enabling old-style), then tried to update
the existing 3.8.16 version using both -F and -U. According to rpm, the
change went through. However, when I startx, I don't have the old style
panel buttons, the taskbar or an "about" box that shows version 3.8.18.

  Seems to me this happened before, but I cannot recall what was done to
push the update through.

  Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Rich