Cannot upgrade from 3.8.16 to 3.8.18

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 8 22:58:34 CEST 2002

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I rebuilt the 3.8.18 source rpm (enabling old-style), then tried to update
> the existing 3.8.16 version using both -F and -U. According to rpm, the
> change went through. However, when I startx, I don't have the old style
> panel buttons, the taskbar or an "about" box that shows version 3.8.18.

I had the same thing happen last week - I install XFce in /usr/local, but
the rpm puts it in /usr.  What does 'which xfce' tell you?  If it says
'/usr/local/bin/xfce' then you're not invoking the one the rpm installed.

Patrick

Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman at mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*
      With 22 left to play, and up 21 in the loss column,
                the Braves' Magic Number is 2!