Why am I getting this Gtk-WARNING?

LiNuCe linuce at free.fr
Tue Sep 10 12:30:29 CEST 2002

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:59:20 -0400 (EDT) <pwiseman at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I'm not aware of anything being broken with XFce, but this error is
> filling up my Subprocess diagnostic:
>
> "Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
> "libxfce.so"
>
> Any ideas?

When you compile XFCE, be sure to use the RIGHT gtk engines path. For example, in my box, I use :

   $ ./configure \
   > --enable-gtk-engine=/usr/X11R6/lib/gtk/themes/engines \
   > [ others options here ]

You can find the right gtk engines directory by checking it's content ;
there should have default themes libraries files :

- libnotif.so for the notif theme engine
- libraleight.so for the Raleigh theme engine
- libredmond.so for theredmond theme engine
- libpixmap.so for the pixmap theme engine
- libmetal.so for the metal theme engine

These file are provided by the gtk-engine package : just check the
listing of this package with your package manager to see where they are
or use "locate libnotif.so" (for example) if you have an updated locate
database to find the proper path.

--
LiNuCe !