Why am I getting this Gtk-WARNING?

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 7 21:15:29 CEST 2002

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Heiko Berges wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 03:59:20PM -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> > I'm not aware of anything being broken with XFce, but this error is
> > filling up my Subprocess diagnostic:
> >
> > "Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
> > "libxfce.so"
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Try checking the permissions of the path libxfce.so is in
> ($PREFIX/gtk/themes/engines/libxfce.so)

It was _only_ happening with the xfce theme; when I chose others (e.g.,
gtk, metal) I didn't get the warning when opening an app, so I don't think
it was a permissions problem.  Maybe it was really missing, because a
reinstall from the current CVS tree put it right.

Patrick

Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman at mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*
      With 23 left to play, and up 20 in the loss column,
                the Braves' Magic Number is 4!