Taskbar?

Jonathan Gardner gardnerj at provide.net
Sat Nov 16 03:36:58 CET 2002

On Friday, the 15th day of November, in the year of our Lord 2002, at
06:20 PM the esteemed person of letters, Anthony Ewell quoth:

AE> john-thomas richards wrote:
AE> > On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 06:03:03PM -0800, Anthony Ewell wrote:
AE> >
AE> >>    I do not mean to ask too stupid of a question, but where
AE> >>is this task bar I have been hearing about?  (My screen look
AE> >>exactly as it did before.  Yes, I ran the update.)
AE> >
AE> >
AE> > i compiled from source and had the same question.  move the main
AE> > panel up the screen a bit (i am assuming you have it at the bottom
AE> > of the screen).  it is along the bottom of it.
AE> >
AE> > john-thomas
AE>
AE>
AE> Hi John-thomas,
AE>
AE>       I have my main panel on the bottom of the screen, pushed to the
AE>       far
AE> right.  The bottom left is open to store icons  -- strange looking but
AE> it works for me.  I moved the main panel up a bit, but did not see
AE> anything under it.
AE>
AE>    I am running 1280x1024.  Could the task bar just be too small to
AE>    see?

It's been a while since I've used xfce3 but I believe the taskbar starts
out "minimized" as a fine line along the bottom, try clicking around the
bottom of the panel. Or at least look very closely at the bottom to be
sure there's not extra line on the bottom of the panel.

Cheers,
Jonathan