Taskbar?

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 16 03:31:14 CET 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 at 6:20pm, Anthony Ewell wrote:

:john-thomas richards wrote:
:> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 06:03:03PM -0800, Anthony Ewell wrote:
:>
:>>    I do not mean to ask too stupid of a question, but where
:>>is this task bar I have been hearing about?  (My screen look
:>>exactly as it did before.  Yes, I ran the update.)
:>
:>
:> i compiled from source and had the same question.  move the main panel
:> up the screen a bit (i am assuming you have it at the bottom of the
:> screen).  it is along the bottom of it.
:>
:> john-thomas
:
:
:Hi John-thomas,
:
:      I have my main panel on the bottom of the screen, pushed to the far
:right.  The bottom left is open to store icons  -- strange looking but
:it works for me.  I moved the main panel up a bit, but did not see
:anything under it.
:
:   I am running 1280x1024.  Could the task bar just be too small to see?

If you compile from source, the taskbar is not compiled by default.  You
have to enable it with --enable-taskbar.

Patrick

Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman at mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*