xfce without xfwm (part three)

Paul Kent Anderson pka at et.byu.edu
Fri Nov 15 19:28:47 CET 2002

>Paul,

>> I can't configure the darn thing.  No matter what I do to my xfce3rc
>> file, the changes are not reflected after stopping/starting xfce or
>> logging out and back in.  Is there some other file I need to modify?

>The coinfiguration is not supposed to be modified by hand because it's
>overridden everytime you quit. You should use the GUI to configure xfce.

>If you *really* mean to modify xfce3rc, do it when xfce is not running,
>but again, it's not the right way to configure xfce...

Old habits are hard to break; I guess I'm still a command line guy at heart. ;-)  Editing it graphically is significantly easier. Incidently, is it possible to change the text displayed in the title bar, "XFce Main Panel" to something else? I didn't see anything in the mailing list archives, nor on the web site. I googled around a bit, but didn't find anything there, either.

Thanks! I really do appreciate your time.

Paul.

Inflex Virus Scanner - installed on mailserver for domain @et.byu.edu
Queries to: postmaster at et.byu.edu