xfce without xfwm (part two)

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Nov 14 20:35:00 CET 2002

Paul,

> I can't configure the darn thing.  No matter what I do to my xfce3rc
> file, the changes are not reflected after stopping/starting xfce or
> logging out and back in.  Is there some other file I need to modify?

The coinfiguration is not supposed to be modified by hand because it's
overridden everytime you quit. You should use the GUI to configure xfce.

If you *really* mean to modify xfce3rc, do it when xfce is not running,
but again, it's not the right way to configure xfce...

> I also tried to compile XFCE4, but it broke on some dependncies
> (libiconv) and I don't have time to test it for our production
> environment at the moment, anyway.

xfce4 is not yet intended for production use anyway.

Cheers,
--
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org