xfce without xfwm?

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Thu Nov 14 06:01:39 CET 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:15:04 -0700, Paul Kent Anderson wrote:

> I'm using IBM's xfce distribution (3.8.11) for AIX, and am in a
> situation where I can't use xfwm, but would still like to use xfce.
> (We're using xfce for a remote access toolbar, and each client has
> hits own WM).
> I have a couple of questions that you all might be able to help with.

I'm not a Xfce 3.x guru, so I'll leave it one to provide a better
solution to your problem.

Since you seem to be more interested in the toolbar functionality of
XFce you may want to look at XFce4. In it the components are more
modular and are not dependent on each other for functionality. The panel
portion of XFce4 will work happily with any WM that supports the NETWM
specification.

-- b

--
Linux Bangalore/2002 "Technology for a Free World" December 3/4/5, 2002
                    http://linux-bangalore.org/2002