open dialog

Gudmundur Bjarnason slries at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Nov 14 05:05:47 CET 2002

Hi there, this is the third time I ask this question, maybe this time
someone out there has a answer for me.

I am running xfce 3.8.16 and for the last three versions I have had a
problem with the "open file" popup menu, the problem is that it will not
display dotfiles. It is a real nuisance to have this handicap, I have
tried to search the manuals and I have tried to find something in the
setup, but to no avail, the only thing I can think is that it might be
soething in the compiling but I wouldn't have a clue about that.

I have for a while been running xfce -noxfce because I like the gnome
toolbar more and if I remember right the problem started when I changed
over but it doesn't seem to make any difference if I change over to the
xfce toolbar or not.

Please, if someone has a clue about where I could start looking for the
root of this problem I would be most appreciative.

--
Gummi.

  We may find out why mankind is here, although that is complicated,
and begs questions like "Where else should we be, and what else we
should be doing?".