Migrating from KDE to Xfce

Jason Wong xfce at jason-wong.org
Tue Nov 12 23:05:10 CET 2002

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 05:28, Joe Klemmer wrote:

> 	FWLIW, I do not like nor use these kind of terminals.  I normally have
> a minimum of 3 and an average of 6 xterms running on any systems I'm
> on.  I have always tried to stick with xterm because I know it'll be on
> every system I need to use (including WinXX with either cygwin or any of
> the good ssh term's for Win out there).  Maybe I'm just missing the
> great virtues of kterm or gnome-term and such...  But I don't see any
> advantage to using them and they tend to be awkward to use (for me).

For me, it's a great way to keep things organised. I typically connect to 2
remote servers, opening 3 sessions on each, then I have about 4-5 local
shells. With the tabbed-interface I can quickly move from session to session.
Having everything in one window means less mess on the desktop :)

regards
--
Jason Wong