Migrating from KDE to Xfce

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Nov 12 22:28:55 CET 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 13:36, Jason Wong wrote:

> Having to start up 10 sessions manually and to rename is very tedious. So my
> question is, how to get Konsole to start up with saved sessions in Xfce?
>
> If that's not possible, can anyone recommend a multi-terminal type program
> like Konsole which works under Xfce?
>
> I would love to use Xfce instead of KDE as it starts up in about 5 secs as
> opposed to about 90-120 secs for KDE!

	FWLIW, I do not like nor use these kind of terminals.  I normally have
a minimum of 3 and an average of 6 xterms running on any systems I'm
on.  I have always tried to stick with xterm because I know it'll be on
every system I need to use (including WinXX with either cygwin or any of
the good ssh term's for Win out there).  Maybe I'm just missing the
great virtues of kterm or gnome-term and such...  But I don't see any
advantage to using them and they tend to be awkward to use (for me).

--
Your mouse has moved.
Windows(R) must be restarted for the change to take effect.