exec format error

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Nov 11 03:37:22 CET 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 22:22, Igor wrote:

> All from above is true, when I want to edit "file.doc" which
> is stored on Linux side of the disk, but it does not work when
> I mount msdos|vfat|fat partition of the disk to the linux file system.
>
> I will describe the problem a little bit deeper and I hope
> that somebody on "xfce" list will give me a hint|solution|link.
> Thanks in advance.
> So, the problem is as follows.
[...]
> I could not make "double click" working. So, the consequence
> is that friend of mine will not be able to view images,
> launch open office just by clicking on the file name
> within the "xftree".
> Yes, I know, he can "right click" on the file and
> select the package he will use to open the file.
> Yes, this approach works !
> What does not work is "double click"
>
> Any help is more than appreciate

	This is really a unix filesystem issue and not related to XFce except
that the problem manifests itself in xftree.  You are on the right track
with the permissions and fstab.  I haven't played with this much so I
don't have an answer right now.  If I get a chance I'll try and dig
through and see if there's a solution.  You might want to dig through
http://www.google.com/linux and see what pops up.

--
Your mouse has moved.
Windows(R) must be restarted for the change to take effect.