More about the taskbar

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Fri May 24 03:51:33 CEST 2002

I find both panel and taskbar useful.  Let's not turn this into a
"religious" war about taskbars, workspaces, desktops, etc. From my point
of view, xfce has always been about choice - and I like having the choices
it offers.  I would not have _asked_ for a taskbar.  In fact, had someone
suggested such a thing, I would probably have said, that's hardly
necessary.  And it isn't - but the implementation is, in my view, pretty
inspired, consistent with the "concept" of xfce (as Olivier presumably
agress or he would not have included it), and useful.  But if you don't
want it, you can compile without it.  Choice.  Wonderful thing.

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman
pwiseman at mindspring.com