Observation: still no taskbar

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 17 15:36:58 CEST 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Collins wrote:

> Just a thought.  Are you shure you waited long enough.  The taskbar does
> open up until all desktops are up and running.  That takes a while on my
> setup.  I have half of my mail loaded before the taskbar will open.  Also
> its responds best to the microscopic tic at the bottom left.

Collins,

  It's been about 40 minutes now, and still no taskbar. :-) However, your
comment about a "microscopic tic" may be pertinent. I have a 19" monitor and
the panel has 10 vd buttons and 12 icon buttons for applications spread out
along the bottom. It might be that the tic is so small that it's neither
visible nor clickable. I could send a screenshot of just the panel (or, the
entire screen for that matter), but I doubt it would provide any insight.

  Has anyone else a setup like this? Does panel size play a role in task bar
visibility?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President