Observation: still no taskbar

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Fri May 17 16:42:29 CEST 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002 06:36:58 -0700 (PDT) Rich Shepard
<rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 May 2002, Collins wrote:
>
> > Just a thought.  Are you shure you waited long enough.  The
> > taskbar does open up until all desktops are up and running.  That
> > takes a while on my setup.  I have half of my mail loaded before
> > the taskbar will open.  Also its responds best to the microscopic
> > tic at the bottom left.
>
> Collins,
>
>   It's been about 40 minutes now, and still no taskbar. :-) However,
>   your
> comment about a "microscopic tic" may be pertinent. I have a 19"
> monitor and the panel has 10 vd buttons and 12 icon buttons for
> applications spread out along the bottom. It might be that the tic
> is so small that it's neither visible nor clickable. I could send a
> screenshot of just the panel (or, the entire screen for that
> matter), but I doubt it would provide any insight.
>
>   Has anyone else a setup like this? Does panel size play a role in
>   task bar
> visibility?

Nope, panel width is irrelevant.  It takes microscopic eyes to see
when collapsed.  If you actually have this installed, look at the area
of the panel just under the desktop buttons (4, 6, whatever).  You
will see an indistinct dividing line between that area and the bottom
of the panel.  This is about 1/64" wide on my monitor.  Immediately
below that is a thin black divider that marks the bottom of the panel.
 Click anywhere in that miniscule area, and the taskbar will open.
--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.19+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla